- 4 large pears, halved, peeled, cored
- 4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 3 star anise
- 4-5 thin slices of orange peel
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 100 ̊C
- Place the pears in a baking dish.
- Combine honey, pepper, cinnamon powder and ginger powder in a bowl. Pour over the pears. Sprinkle brown sugar on the pears.
- Place orange peels and star anise in the baking dish
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 30 minutes at 100 ̊C
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the pears are tender.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream.