- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- egg wash ( 1 lightly beaten egg + splash of milk) (optional)
- flaked almonds, to top
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- To make the raspberry filling, bring raspberries, water, sugar and corn flour to a boil and cook until the filling becomes thick. Let it cool completely
- To make the danish, pre-heat your oven to 190C.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry.
- Cut out even sized stripes of the dough and arrange them in pairs. One pair will make one danish pastry.
- Braid each pair by overlapping one stripe over the other.
- Curve the braid to form a circle. Place the braid on a small piece of puff pastry, that will form it’s centre. Fill the centre with raspberry filling.
- Generously brush the danish with egg was and top with flaked almond. Bake at 190C for 20-30 minutes or until the puff pastry becomes golden-brown.
- Dust with icing sure and serve warm.