There are days when all you need is a huuuge gooey cookie all for yourself, with a scoop (or two..or more) of vanilla ice-cream. I have been getting requests to do pizookies since forever now and I thought it is high time now! When I tried it for the first time, I realised what the hype is all about. After that I just couldn’t stop. I have always loved cookies more than any other dessert but this pizookie takes it to a different level altogether. A few simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes in the kitchen is all you need to make this most amazing dessert. Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup lighly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until it is fluffy
- Add in both brown and white sugar and cream them with the butter.
- Beat in the egg. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Add chocolate chips. Using a spatula or a whisk, carefully mix them into the batter
- Spread the dough on a skillet. Place the skillet on the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until the pizookie becomes golden brown.
- Serve with ice-cream and chocolate sauce.