Recipe originally from https://www.canolainfo.org/recipes/pineapple-upside-down-cake. Brought to you in association with https://www.canolainfo.org/
- canola oil to brush the pan
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 7 pineapple rings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180c . Generously brush the bottom of 9-inch cake pan with canola oil. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar, then arrange pineapple rings on top in one layer.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In another medium bowl, whisk together milk, canola oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined. Pour batter over pineapple-brown sugar mixture and bake until top is lightly browned and wooden skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then run knife around cake edges and, using oven mitts, invert cake onto large serving plate.