Tarts are currently my favorite desserts to bake and lemon-strawberry have always been my favorite ingredients to work with. And that is why I love these lemon strawberry tarts. The filling is made using mascarpone cheese and lemon curd- it is super flavorful and delicious.
EGGLESS TART SHELL RECIPE HERE
I’m also sharing a video for this recipe on my Instagram, so make sure you go watch that as well. Happy Baking!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup traditional oats
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup lemon curd ( recipe HERE)
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream
- 3-4 fresh strawberries
- lime zest, to top
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar.
- Add flour and oats. Mix well.
- Beat in the egg yolk and mix until the dough comes together. Knead with your hands, if needed.
- Press the dough into 4 small tart pans or one 9″ tart pan.
- Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes or until the tart shell becomes golden brown.
- To make the filling, beat mascarpone cheese and lemon curd together.
- Fold in the sweetened whipped cream.
- Fill the cooled tart shells with the filling and top with fresh strawberries and lime zest.