A lot of people ask me if it is difficult to be a baker in India because ‘we don’t get ingredients here’. I honestly can’t relate to this problem of not having ingredients now. I am based in Delhi and I no longer face the problem of not finding an ingredient I want. I won’t say this has always been the case but now things have definitely changed. I remember my dad used to get me berries all the way from Switzerland because apparently only a couple of shops in Khan Market ( which I’ve never been able to find) used to stock them.
Makes 2 glasses
- 10 Italian lady finger biscuits, coarsely crushed
- 5-6 table spoons muesli ( optional)
- 100 grams ricotta cheese
- 2 table spoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup double cream, cold
- 1 tbsp lemon zest/ orange zest
- Raspberries, blackberries, strawberries ( quartered), cherries (pitted and halved), cape gooseberries
- 5-6 coarsely chopped almonds
- mint, to garnish
- Combine crushed lady finger biscuits and muesli. Layer them in the glass.
- Make a layer of the berries, while reserving some for the top.
- In a bowl, whip your double cream until stiff peaks form, Keep aside.
- Beat ricotta cheese with confectioner’s sugar on high speed, until light and fluffy.
- Using an off-set spatula, carefully fold the cream into the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Add in the lemon zest/ orange zest to the cream mixture.
- Using a spoon or a piping bag, make a layer of the cream mixture in the jar.
- Top it with berries, chopped almonds and garnish with fresh mint leaves.