Baking took a back seat in April, since I was traveling most of the month. I spent only 6 days of the entire month at home, most of which were spent planning and packing. I traveled to Kerala for a food styling assignment, to Taiwan for a media trip and then to Bali for a vacation with my friends. But now I’m back and promise to bring you lots of summer desserts this month. Let’s start with my absolute favorite- eggless mango cream cheese tart. It’s an eggless tart, so I know a lot of you will love it even more!
This eggless mango cream cheese tart makes for the perfect summer dessert because the kick of cream cheese and the sweetness of mangoes is very refreshing. I get a lot of questions regarding the cream cheese I use. I use either Philadelphia or Britannia or Dlecta. While I love Philadelphia cream cheese the most, it is also the most expensive. The other two brands work wonderfully as well for this mango cream cheese tart.
Want to try more mango desserts?
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped to firm peaks
- 3 large mangoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon pistachios, roughly crushed
- To make the tart shell, beat the butter and sugar together.
- Fold in the flour and mix until the dough begins to come together.
- Transfer the dough to a 9″ tart pan with a removable bottom. Use your fingers to press the dough into the bottom and the sides of the pan in an even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Once the tart shell has chilled completely, prick all over the bottom of the tart using a fork.
- Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes or until the tart shell is golden-brown.
- Let it cool completely and remove from the tart shell.
- To make the filling, beat cream cheese with sugar, cardamom and vanilla until it is light and soft.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the cream cheese into the whipped cream.
- Transfer the filing into the cooled tart shell.
- Arrange the mango slices on top- starting from the outer edge and working it all the way into the center. Top with crushed pistachios
- Serve the eggless mango cream cheese tart chilled.