Ever since I shared a picture of these eggless peanut butter chocolate bars, a lot of you have been requesting for the recipe. So here it is! I’m also sharing the video for this recipe on my Instagram. Make sure you check it out and leave your feedback in the comments. I’d love to heat what you think.
I’m also excited to share this recipe once day before national chocolate day because these eggless peanut butter chocolate bars would make for the perfect treat. ( you should also make my triple chocolate banana bread to celebrate!) The layer of peanut butter is made using whole-wheat flour, oats, butter, icing sugar and no eggs ha ha. The chocolate layer is simply dark chocolate melted with two tablespoons of vegetable oil. And don’t forget the sea salt on top- just perfect!
To make these peanut butter chocolate bars or for any other dessert, make sure you use the best quality chocolate you can get your hands on. I used a 70% Regal Chocolate. Make sure you chill the bars properly before slicing them. You can also use all-purpose flour instead of whole wheat, if you like. If you want to skip oats, use another cup of flour.
If you make these eggless peanut butter chocolate bars, make sure you send me a picture. I’d love to hear how they turned out!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup 70% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line a square/ rectangular pan with parchment paper leaving extra on two sides to make handels
- Heat the peanut butter in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Mix in the icing sugar
- Fold in the whole wheat flour and oats. Mix in the honey until the dough comes together.
- Use your fingers to spread the dough into the pan in an even layer. Bake at 180C for 20-30 minutes until the bars are golden-brown.
- Melt chocolate with vegetable oil in the microwave until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Pour the melted chocolate on the peanut butter bars. Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Refrigerate the eggless peanut butter chocolate bars for at least 30 minutes before slicing them.