Happy World Nutella Day, dear readers! I remember those days when I’d eat Nutella five to six times a day- smeared on bread, with strawberries or just like that out of the jar. While that kind of obsession is no longer there, I still love to indulge now and then. Now I usually use Nutella for when I’m baking and I absolutely love it. These eggless Nutella cookies are a result of that love.
A lot of my reader’s have been requesting for eggless recipes. Since I love my readers, I’ve promised to post as many eggless recipes here as I can. In this recipe, I use flax egg instead of a regular egg. A flax egg is basically just ground flax seeds mixed with water. You can’t use this is every recipe in place of the egg, but here it works wonderfully.
These eggless Nutella cookies are what dreams are made of. They’re crispy on the edges and chewy otherwise. I also top with chocolate chips and sprinkle them with sea salt- so good! This Nutella Day, you got to make these cookies and I’m sure you’ll love them. If you consume eggs, you can simply use one regular egg instead of the flax egg.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon corn flour ( optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- sea salt, to sprinkle
- In a small bowl, mix ground flax seeds and water. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter with brown and castor sugars until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the flax seed mixture and beat well.
- Mix in the Nutella and vanilla extract.
- Using a spatula, fold in the flour, baking soda and cornflour. Mix until the dough comes together and there are no flour pockets.
- Let the dough sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or until it is firm.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Gently press the cookie dough calls with your fingers. Place the chocolate chips on the top.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until the edges become golden-brown.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking tray for 10 minutes before you lift them off.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.