Who doesn’t love a good dark chocolate ganache? Its chocolatey, its creamy and oh-so-delicious! My favourite part- it’s super easy to make, calls for just 2 ingredients and takes only a very little time to whip up. I’m not a fan of butter-cream frosting because it’s too heavy. I love cream-cheese frosting but it is expensive. This is when dark chocolate ganache comes to the rescue! What is not to love?
Since the recipe of the dark chocolate ganache calls for only 2 ingredients- chocolate and cream, make sure you use the best-quality available. I use the cream from Mother Dairy. It is a staple in my kitchen. I use it all the time in a lot of recipes like ganache and caramel sauce. For the ganache, make sure the cream is cold. Let’s get started!
- 2 cups finely chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup fresh cream
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, bring the cream to a simmer,
- Pour the hot cream over chopped chocolate and let it rest for a minute.
- Whisk the chocolate cream mixture until everything is combined.
- Let it cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes before using it to decorate cakes.