I love eating and I can eat at any time of the day but I always end up skipping my breakfast. Now, there are two reasons for that. First, I’m always running late for college. Second, I feel sick the entire day if I eat anything heavy in the morning. But I have discovered the perfect breakfast recipe and I don’t think I’ll be skipping breakfast ever now!
I discovered chia seeds recently and can’t stop obsessing over them now. I put them in my cakes and in my jams. Chia seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet. They are loaded with nutrients that can have important benefits for your body and brain. I call this recipe the perfect breakfast recipe not only because it has chia seeds, which are packed with benefits but also because it has everything that you should be having for breakfast- fruits, milk and seeds and nuts. It is light but filling and also super yum. I do’t always post healthy recipes but when I do, I make sure it is tasty too! I’m sure you’re convinced by now that this chia seed pudding is absolutely amazing but there is more! You have to make this at night and let it rest
over night. This basically means that when you wake up in the morning, your breakfast is absolutely ready.
I use strawberries for this recipe but you can use any berries that you like. You can also use the milk of your choice. Almond milk is a good idea. I used whole milk.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4th cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup fresh/frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp corn flour (optional)
- 1/4th cup crushed almonds
- mint, to garnish
- In a glass jar, combine milk, honey and chia seeds. Whisk well.
- Let the jar rest in the fridge overnight.
- To make the strawberry filling, combine strawberries and water in a saucepan set over medium heat. Add cornflour and mix vigorously.
- While mashing the strawberries, let the filling cook until the mixture becomes thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour the filling to the bottom of a serving glass. Let it rest in the fridge.
- In the morning, spoon the chia seed filling on the strawberry filling.
- Cover with crushed almond and garnish with fresh mint leaves.