It wasn’t long back when I did not like apple desserts at all. I think it was the cinnamon. But I also realised that cinnamon is a very important element of all apple desserts. This apple cake has the perfect amount of cinnamon and with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and some caramel syrup, this cake is sure to be a hit. If you are a huge cinnamon fan then you can add an extra teaspoon of it.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1cup + 3 table spoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 apples, cut in small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Butter your baking dish
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl,mix together the oil and 1 cup of the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one by one. Add vanilla
- Fold in the flour mixture. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon. Add in the apples and lemon juice. Put the apple pieces on top of the batter, pressing lightly into the batter. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce